Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ta da



The lamp I was waiting for got here today, and with its arrival, I can officially say that the guest room re-model is complete. I've already gotten so used to the room while I've been working on updating it, that it is totally shocking to look at these before pictures. What a change!!

Per usual, I didn’t have a full-on plan when I started. I had some bed linens that I liked, and that was about it. After that, I picked the wall color. Then the desk and bookshelf were chosen for their light and airy effect (to counter the darker walls). I chose to match the blinds to the walls just in case I ever want to change up the color scheme. And then the lamp and the mirror – purple. (I’ve just been waiting for an excuse to buy this lamp. It comes in customizable colors, so I knew I’d find a way)

I think the very first guest is scheduled to take it for a test run next weekend. She’ll have to let me know how it goes.

back wall (before and after):


door wall (before and after):


window wall (before and after):


detail shots:

and one last pic:

The lowdown:

Duvet and pillow cases: West Elm

Sheets: Potterybarn

Headboard sticker: Blik

Desk and chair: West Elm

Bookshelf and baskets: Crate and Barrel

Side table: Crate and Barrel (from about 5 yrs ago)

Other side table: Overstock

Mona Lisa Print: Josh and I got this on a cruise about 5 yrs ago.

Alarm clock: Potterybarn (originally purchased for master bedroom, but kicked out due to “ticking”)

Lamp: Thomas Paul from Design Public

Blinds: Shade Store (my FAV place for window coverings), lecirque

Mirror: Home Depot

Paint: Benjamin Moore, Bittersweet Chocolate


**all lounging demonstrated by Kona

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! Your photos look like something out of a West Elm catalog. You should be an interior designer!

    ReplyDelete