Sunday, April 5, 2009

we are living in a digital world, and i am a digital girl

i've been considering something fun to do to my hair. up til now, i was really leaning towards dying it red, a la rose...
but what i suddenly realized last night is that i really envy those curls; the effortless, wavy hair that i've coveted my whole life.

in one of the blogs i read, iamstyle-ish had a digital perm done and she wrote about it awhile back. i was intrigued at the time, but forgot all about it until my epiphany last night. i went back and re-read it, and then spent hours researching as much as i could.

the digital perm was developed in korea and it uses hot rods with the temperature regulated by a machine, which has a digital display, hence the name. during my research, it because abundantly clear that not too many white girls have this done. now, i'm not sure if we just haven't been enlightened yet, or if its going to fry my hair, but its a chance i'm willing to take. i'll consider myself a trailblazer and shall lead the white girl digital perm revolution!

here is what i'm in for:


and here are the results i'm dying for:

i made my appt for fri the 17th at 2 pm in boston's chinatown and from what i've heard its a 3-4 hour ordeal. i don't really know what to expect and i'm trying not to get high hopes, but i have to confess.... i am REALLY excited about this. i only wish boston wasn't so far away and that i could have it done sooner!! i will keep you guys posted with some before and after pics, and maybe even some with me hooked up to the machine...if i can talk someone into coming with me to keep me company. hint, hint. you know who you are. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment