Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Runner's Knee?

is that an actual thing? seems like it should be, if its not. but no matter, i've got it whatever its called and its starting to worry me. i first noticed my knee feeling a bit funny a few weeks ago, but it wasn't anything major and i thought i'd just tweaked it or something. but the feeling persisted, and finally yesterday, it brought my workout to a screeching halt. i had to do what pains me most in a run...walk. and its not feeling any better today. uh oh. i guess i'll try and stay off of it for the next few days, especially since i'm doing a 5k this saturday. this can't be good.....

weekly mileage FW13

3/23: 5.2 miles
3/24: 5.2 miles
3/25: break
3/26: 5 miles
3/27: 5 miles
3/28: break - meant to go outside and run, but had higher priority items, ahem, shopping
3/29: 7.5 miles - knee didn't hurt on this one...hmmmm

weekly total: 27.9 miles

2 comments:

  1. Runner's knee is a real thing, darling. The technical term is patellar tendonitis. I would think you should know this as it's what I have. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped running because my knee kept bothering me. I used to do 5ks...be careful. See a doc or something. (I didn't 'cause I didn't have insurance at the time)

    ReplyDelete